The Subconscious Mind

Your subconscious mind is responsible for keeping you alive! It makes up 95% of your mind ~ your conscious mind is the remaining 5%! Think of your subconscious mind as your habitual brain and your conscious as your thinking brain. The subconscious  does not question or analyse anything but rather accepts whatever it is presented with. Up until the age of 8 you operate solely from your subconscious mind ~ so in effect you are downloading habits from the people around you and your experiences.

The subconcsious controls all your autonomic functions – that is functions that you have no conscious control over. That’s why you breath when you are asleep and digest your food and so many other functions that happen automatically.

Pretty incredible when you think about it and as if that isn’t enough…your subconscious is also responsible for your automatic behaviours & patterns.  That’s is how we can drive a car ~ at the beginning we need to really concentrate but once the patterns are laid down we drive automatically.

These automatic behaviours are strong  and the pathway of neurotransmitters to these behaviours are well laid and easy for us to repeat. Sometimes we have patterns that we repeat that don’t serve us. So if we want to change our behaviour we need to lay down new neural pathways and let the grass grow over the old ones!

But we need to make sure that your subconscious is ready to release those limiting patterns and beliefs. Because remember the subconscious, for whatever reason, believes those patterns are keeping you safe!  More than likely it was a pattern keeping you safe once ~ but possibly it has got stuck and no longer keeps you safe but rather holds you back from your goals.

Your subconscious  is also responsible for storing your memories and beliefs. Even the memories we are not aware of remembering are always there for us! Your subconscious is a MILLION times more powerful than your conscious mind!

So your subconscious mind works 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and its soul purpose is to look after you, keep you alive, safe and happy.  Your subconscious mind accepts whatever you choose to believe – even when that belief may not be logical!  Sometimes an innocent comment may be interpreted in a negative way by your subconscious and shape your beliefs. Through self awareness and growth you may realise that the thoughts and beliefs held by your subconscious mind have become outdated. Sometimes you may not be aware of what is holding you back from your goals, but often there are beliefs that can limit your success and contentment.

Choose your thoughts & words wisely because what you believe about yourself IS your reality.

Hypnotherapy is a powerful way to  reset your subconscious beliefs and habits to be congruent with your goals!

Join the Potent Minds Community…

Events

  • No events